These Fairy Cakes are easy, simple and delicious.
1 cup (100 g) 4 oz self raising (self rising) flour
a pinch of salt
1 stick (8 Tbsp)100 g butter or margarine
1/2 cup (100 g) 4 oz sugar
fat for greasing
accompaniments (you may need these)
1. Heat the oven to moderate, 180°C, gas mark 4.
2. Mix the flour and salt.
3. Cream the fat and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Beat the eggs until liquid, then beat into the mixture gradually.
5. Stir in the flour and salt lightly.
6. Divide the mixture evenly between 12-14 paper cases or greased bun tins, and bake for 15-20 minutes.
7. Ice and decorate the cakes — be as adventurous as you like!
Note If using paper cases, place them in dry bun tins before baking.
148 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!