enough to cover two 15 cm square cakes
3 tbsp single cream
75 g desiccated coconut
1/2 cup (90 g) soft brown sugar
1/2 stick (2 oz) 50 g softened butter or margarine
1. Work the coconut and sugar into the fat with a spoon.
2. Mix in the cream, and beat until all the ingredients are fully blended.
3. Make sure the top of the cake is fairly level, and brush off any loose crumbs.
4. Spread the topping on the cake while still warm or just after cooling.
5. Place it under gentle grill heat, and grill for 2-5 minutes until the topping is golden-brown.