8 pork spare rib chops
for the sauce
2 tablespoons mango chutney juice
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
1 tablespoon soy sauce
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oven to 350°F/180°C/gas mark 4.
2. Put the chops in a non-stick pan and fry gently until the fat begins to run, increase the heat and fry quickly for about 10 minutes until browned all over. Arrange in a single layer in a shallow ovenproof dish so that they just touch.
3. Mix together the mango juice, curry powder, garlic, Worcestershire sauce until well blended, then add the tomato ketchup and soy sauce. Season and pour over the chops, coating them evenly. Cover with foil.
4. Cook in the oven for about an hour until the meat is tender, removing the foil for the last 15 minutes.
5. Serve with rice and a green salad.