200 g (8 oz) rich shortcrust pastry
6 tablespoons chestnut puree
2 oz (50 g) candied orange and lemon peel mixed
juice of 1 orange
1/2 cup (50 g) 2 oz blanched almonds, chopped
2 tbsp (25 g) 1 oz sugar
knob of butter
1. Roll out the pastry and line a flan tin.
2. Bake blind for 10 minutes at 200°C, 400°F, mark 6.
3. Spread the chestnut puree over the pastry.
4. Peel, core and slice the apples, arranging them in a pattern over the chestnut puree.
5. Sprinkle with the candied peel, almonds, sugar, and orange juice.
6. Add a few dots of butter. Bake at 200°C, 400°F, mark 6 for 25-30 minutes.