5-6 lb trimmed beef tenderloin
1 cup port wine
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
1 tsp fresh thyme, or 1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 tsp hot sauce
1. Combine first 7 ingredients and pour over beef.
2. Marinate covered 4-8 hours, turning once.
3. Preheat charcoal broiler and pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
4. Remove beef from marinade.
5. Brown tenderloin on broiler on all sides.
6. Place in baking pan and bake 1-1/2 hours or until inserted meat thermometer reads 140 degrees.
7. Bring marinade to a boil, then thicken slightly with cornstarch and water.
8. Slice tenderloin to desired thickness and serve with marinade.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!