3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
8 (5 oz) tenderloin fillets, 1-inch thick
1 lb. mushrooms, finely chopped
1/3 cup dry red wine
1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 (17 oz) package frozen puff pastry sheets
1 egg, beaten with 1 tbsp water
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large skillet until hot. Add fillets and sear 3 minutes over med-high heat, turning once. Steak will only be partially cooked at this point.
2. Remove from heat and drain steaks on paper towel. Chill.
3. Thaw pastry 20 minutes. heat remaining 1 tbsp. oil in the same skillet. Add mushrooms and stir until tender.
4. Add wine and cook 2-3 minutes.
5. Stir in green onion, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat and cool.
6. On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry into a 14-inch square.
7. Cut each sheet into four (7-inch) squares.
8. Place about 2 tbsp. of mushroom mixture in the center of each square.
9. Place a fillet on top of each.
10. Brush pastry edges with egg wash and wrap around each steak, pinching edges to seal.
11. Place on an ungreased baking sheet, seam-side down.
12. Decorate tops with pastry trimmings, if desired.
13. Bake at 375°F. for 20-25 minutes or until pastry is golden. If necessary, cover loosely with foil during last 5 minutes to prevent over browning.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!