2 x 8 oz arbroath smokies
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 stick (4 Tbsp) 2 oz butter at room temperature
2 lb floury potatoes e.g king edwards
10 fl oz double cream (heavy cream)
10 fl oz creamy milk
salt & black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C Gas Mark 6. Peel and thinly slice the potatoes. Remove the skin and bones from the smokies and break the flesh into large flakes.
2. Mix the garlic with 1 Â½ oz butter and spread it over the base and sides of a 4 pint shallow ovenproof dish.
3. Layer the potatoes and flaked fish in the dish, seasoning each layer lightly and finishing with a layer of potatoes.
4. Mix the cream with the milk and pour over the potatoes. Dot the top with the remaining butter. Bake for 10 minutes then reduce the oven temperature to 180 C Gas 4 and cook for a further hour, until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden.
5. Serve with a geen salad .
5 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!