4 pound (2 kg) approx salmon trout, cleaned
for the rice stuffing
3 tablespoons (45 ml) butter
1/2 cup (125 ml) green onions, sliced
2 cups (500 ml) boiled rice
1/3 cup (80 ml) freshly chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) thyme
1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
pepper, to taste
1. Rince salmon trout under cold running water. wipe dry the inside and the outside of the fish; set aside.
2. Prepare stuffing.
3. Cut 1 lemon into thin slices. Layer half of lemon slices inside salmon trout, top with stuffing and then with remaining lemon slices.
4. Grease a thick, large sheet of al foil.
5. Layer salmon trout onto al foil; wrap and tightly seal salmon trout.
6. Bake into a preheated 450°F (230°C) oven, 10 minutes per inch [2.5 cm] fish thickness, until fish flesh can easily be broken up with a fork.
7. Cut remaining lemon into 4 wedges; serve, along with salmon trout.
to make the rice stuffing
1. In a frypan, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Soften green onion slices for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Immediately remove frypan from heat.
4. Mix in boiled rice, chopped parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.