6 ripe bananas
1/2 stick (2 oz) 50 g margarine or butter
2/3 cup (120 g) light Muscavado sugar
3 oz (75 g) self-raising flour, sifted
3 tbls wholemeal flour
1 egg, beaten
good pinch Mixed Spice (All Spice / Pumpkin pie spice)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) Gas Mk 4.
2. Peel and mash the bananas in a bowl.
3. Melt the margarine then pour over the bananas.
4. Add the sugar, flours, egg and spice and mix thoroughly until well blended.
5. Place the mixture in a lightly greased 2 pint (1.2 L) ovenproof dish and bake in the oven for 45 minutes until the pudding has shrunk from the sides of the dish and is golden brown.
19 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!