2 eggs, medium
14 oz (400 g) Cheddar cheese, grated
3/4 pt (450 ml) Bechamel sauce
1 1/2 lb (675 g) lean beef mince, browned in a frying pan
9 oz (250 g) macaroni
salt and freshly ground black pepper
chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) Gas Mk 4.
2. Beat the eggs and 4 heaped tbsp of the cheese into the Bechamel sauce.
3. Mix 3 tbsp of this mixture into the mince.
4. Cook the macaroni in boiling salted water until al dente, drain and cool slightly.
5. Butter an ovenproof casserole and put in half the macaroni.
6. Sprinkle with 3 tbsp cheese.
7. Spread the mince over.
8. Then put the rest of the macaroni on top sprinkled with more cheese and pour over the sauce.
9. Sprinkle cheese on top of the sauce and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
10. Serve with a green salad.
8 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!