1 2/3 cup (175 g) plain flour, (All purpose) sifted
2 oz (50 g) semolina
1/3 cup (65 g) caster sugar (superfine granulated)
3/4 cup (170 g) butter
finely grated rind of 1 orange
1 2/3 cup - 1 tbsp (175 g) icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (170°C) gas mark 3.
2. Put the flour, semolina and caster sugar in a bowl and mix well.
3. Rub in the butter, then mix in the orange rind.
4. Place in a greased 7 inch (17.5 cm) shallow square tin and press down, levelling the top.
5. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until firm.
6. To make the topping, mix the icing sugar with enough orange juice to form a thick coating consistency.
7. Spread over the hot biscuits and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
8. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then cut into 12 bar shapes and carefully transfer to wire racks to cool.