1 lb (450 g) parsnips, peeled
8 oz (225 g) ham, chopped
8 oz (225 g) can tomatoes
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 oz (50 g) Cheddar cheese, grated
a little Parmesan cheese
1 cup (2 oz) 60 g fresh breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) Gas Mk 4.
2. Remove the hard cores from the parsnips and chop.
3. Place in a bowl, add the ham and mix well.
4. Pile into a lightly greased 2 pint (1.2 L) ovenproof dish.
5. Arrange the tomatoes on top, sprinkle with parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
6. Put the Cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese in a bowl, add the bread crumbs, stirring well, then sprinkle over the parsnips.
7. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until the parsnips are tender and the top is crisp and golden brown.