1 head celery, strings removed
1 lb (450 g) onions, sliced
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 3/4 cups (21 fl oz) 600 ml chicken or vegetable stock
chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) Gas Mk 4.
2. Cut the celery into 3 inch (7.5 cm) lengths.
3. Arrange in layers with the onions in a 3 pint (1.8 L) ovenproof dish, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Pour in the stock. Cover and cook in the oven for 1 hour or until the celery is tender.
5. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
22 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!