8 oz (225 g) bacon rashers, rinds removed
8 oz (225 g) cooked turkey, cubed
5/8 cup (4 oz) 110 g no-soak dried apricots, chopped
8 oz (225 g) pork sausage meat
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs (or leftover stuffing),
1 1/4 cup (1/2 pint) 300 ml chicken stock
8 oz (225 g) shortcrust pastry
beaten egg, for glazing
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) Gas Mk 5.
2. Flatten the bacon rashers with a palette knife and put in a deep ovenproof dish.
3. Put in a layer of turkey chunks and then a layer of apricots and finally a layer of sausage meat.
4. Sprinkle the dried mixed herbs between each layer.
5. Continue making layers until all the ingredients are used up, finishing with a layer of sausage meat.
6. Pour over the stock.
7. Roll out the shortcrust pastry to fit the top of the dish and cover the pie.
8. Trim and flute the edges and decorate with pastry leaves.
9. Make a slit in the top and brush with egg.
10. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.