8 oz (225 g) tagliatelle
3 cup (225 g) button mushrooms, sliced
squeeze of lemon juice
1/4 cup (1 oz) 30 g plain flour (All purpose)
2 3/4 cups (21 fl oz) 600 ml hot turkey or chicken stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pint double cream (heavy cream)
2 tbsp dry sherry
1 lb (450 g) cold roast turkey, cut in 1 in (2.5 cm) chunks
1/2 cup (30 g) white breadcrumbs
1 oz (25 g) grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) Gas Mk 5.
2. Cook the tagliatelle in boiling salted water until just al dente.
3. Saute the sliced mushrooms in half the butter for about 5 minutes, add a squeeze of lemon juice and set on one side.
4. Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour and cook gently for 1 minute.
5. Gradually add the hot stock, stirring all the time, until a smooth sauce is obtained.
6. Simmer for about 3 minutes, season to taste and add the cream and sherry off the heat.
7. Put the noodles in a buttered ovenproof dish.
8. Add a little hot sauce and the mushrooms and toss together with a fork.
9. Add the turkey chunks to the remaining sauce and pour over the noodles.
10. Mix the breadcrumbs and grated cheese together and sprinkle over the top.
11. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the top is crisp and golden.