1 lb (450 g) white turkey meat
2 tbsp plain flour (All purpose)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp (1 oz) 25 g butter
2 tbsp Worcestershire saucehalves
2 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp Demerara (raw) sugar
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 water
1 lb (450 g) canned apricot
1. Cut the turkey into cubes. Toss the turkey in a bowl containing the flour and salt and pepper and make sure all the pieces are well covered in the flour mixture.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a flameproof casserole dish and fry the turkey until brown on all sides, stirring frequently.
3. Drain the apricots and chop coarsely.
4. Place 1/4 pt (150 ml) of the apricot juice in a bowl and add the Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, demerara sugar, lemon juice and water.
5. Add any remaining seasoned flour to the casserole, then stir in the apricot juice mixture.
6. Stir gently, bring to the boil, add the apricots, cover and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes until the turkey is tender.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!