60 g (2 oz) sesame seeds
3/4 cup (60 g) 2 oz pepitas or slivered almonds
250 g (8 oz) full fat soft (cream) cheese
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
salt and pepper
1. Stir the sesame seeds in a dry frying pan over a moderate heat until they turn golden.
2. Remove to a plate to cool.
3. Put the pepitas or almonds on a baking tray and roast at 180C (350F/Gas 4) for 10 minutes. Cool.
4. Beat the cheeses and onion flakes well together.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Stir the sesame seeds into the cheese mixture and roll into 25 balls.
7. Place the toasted pepitas on a sheet of greaseproof paper and roll the cheese balls in the pepitas.
8. Store in,the refrigerator or a cool place until ready to serve.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!