1. Combine the cheese and the flour.
2. Beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
3. Add the cheese and flour to the egg whites and fold in gently.
4. Form into 16 to 18 small balls, gently rolling between your fingers.
5. Roll the cheese balls in the almonds.
6. The cheese balls may be refrigerated until needed.
7. Heat the oil and cook the cheese balls, a few at a time, until golden all over.
8. Take care not to have the oil too hot or the almonds will brown before the centre is hot.
9. Drain on absorbent paper and serve.