175g carrots (1 1/2 cups shredded carrots)
1/4 cup (1 3/4 oz) 50 g raisins
125 g (1/4 lb) curd cheese (1 cup farmer's cheese)
1 clove garlic, crushed with a pinch sea salt
juice 1/2 lemon
freshly ground black pepper
4 large sticks (stalks) celery or the wide ends of 8 small ones
1 lemon for garnish
1. Finely grate the carrots and chop the raisins.
2. Mix them into the cheese with the garlic and lemon juice.
3. Season with the pepper.
4. Cut the large stalks of celery across into two and use both ends.
5. Keep the small stalks as they are.
6. Pile the carrot filling into the celery boats.
7. Cut the lemon into 8 thin slices and stand these upright in the cheese to resemble sails.
4 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!