1 lb (450 g) rhubarb
1/2 cup (8 tbsp) 100 g sugar, or to taste
1 stick (8 tbsp) 4 oz (112 g) butter
2 cups (225 g) self raising (self rising) flour, sifted
1/4 cup (4 tbsp) 50 g caster sugar (superfine granulated)
1 pinch salt
8 oz (225 g) cooked, sieved potatoes
to make the filling
1. Wash and trim the rhubarb and cut into pieces.
2. Put the rhubarb into a greased pie dish with sufficient sugar to sweeten.
3. Place in the oven to cook, gas mark 6, 400°F (200°C) while you make the topping.
to make the topping
1. Rub the butter into the sifted flour, add caster sugar and salt.
2. Stir in the potato and knead all together to form a scone type dough.
3. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to about 1 cm (1/2 in) thick, cut into rounds and cover the hot fruit with the dough rounds.
4. Replace in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, until the cobbler is well risen and golden brown.
5. Dredge with sifted icing sugar and serve hot.