6 Courgettes (zucchini)
1 Garlic clove, crushed
125 g (4 oz) 1 1/3 cups Dry breadcrumbs
1 Tbs Chopped fresh basil
175 g (6 oz) 1 1/2 cups Fontina, Cheddar or jack cheese, grated
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
50 g (2 oz) 4 Tbs Butter, melted
1. Cut the courgettes (zucchini) in half lengthways and carefully hollow out the flesh to within 1/2 cm (1/4 in) of the skin. Set the shells aside.
2. Chop the flesh, then press with the back of a wooden spoon to extract as much juice as possible and drain it away. Set the flesh aside.
3. Preheat the oven to fairly hot 2oo°C (Gas Mark 6, 400°F).
4. Combine the courgette (zucchini) flesh, garlic, breadcrumbs, basil, cheese, seasoning, eggs and half the melted butter until they are thoroughly blended.
5. Arrange the courgette (zucchini) shells, skin side down, in a well-greased shallow baking dish. Stuff with the breadcrumb mixture and pour over the remaining melted butter. Put the dish into the oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the top is brown and bubbling.
6. Remove the dish from the oven and serve at once.
6 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!