1 duck breast, boned
4 oz (125 g) mange tout, topped and tailed
juice of 1 orange
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
3 tbsps olive oil
1 small head Chinese leaves, sliced
10 radishes, trimmed and quartered
1. Prick the duck skin thoroughly and roast on a rack in a roasting tin at Mark 6 (200°C) 400°F for 20 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool. Remove the skin and crisp under a grill. Slice skin and duck breast.
2. Cut peel and bitter white pith from oranges and segment over a bowl to catch any juice.
3. Blanch the mange tout in boiling water for 1 minute, drain and plunge into cold water.
4. For the dressing, blend orange and lemon juices and any reserved orange juice, mustard and oil and season with freshly ground black pepper.
5. Arrange all the salad ingredients in a bowl, top with the duck meat, pour over the dressing and toss well. Sprinkle over the crispy duck skin and serve immediately.
125 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!