serves 4 - 6
15 ml (1 tbsp) clear honey
225 g (8 oz) greengages, halved and stoned
75 g (3 oz) butter or margarine
75 g (3 oz) caster sugar
1 egg, beaten
125 g (4 oz) self-raising flour
25 g (1 oz) desiccated coconut milk, to mix
1. Grease a 1.1 litre (2 pint) pudding basin and spoon the honey into the base.
2. Put the greengages, cut side down, over the base and sides of the pudding basin.
3. Cream together the fat and sugar. Add the egg a little at a time, beating after each addition. Lightly beat in the flour with the coconut and enough milk to mix to a dropping consistency.
4. Spoon the mixture over the fruit in the basin and cover with a layer of greased greaseproof paper and foil.
5. Put into a steamer and steam over boiling water for about 2 hours. Turn out and serve.
7 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!