Preparation time: 35 minutes.
Cooking time: 35 minutes.
Calories: 224 per portion
8 turkey escalopes, about 150 g (5 oz) each
300 ml (1/2 pint) white wine
300 ml (1/2 pint) turkey or chicken stock
for the stuffing
225 g (8 oz) courgettes, grated
50 g (2 oz) hazelnuts, toasted and ground
2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon grated lime rind
1 teaspoon clear honey
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
coarsely ground black pepper
1. Prepare the turkey escalopes (see Cook's Tip). Then combine all the stuffing ingredients together in a mixing bowl, adding black pepper to taste.
2. Divide the stuffing between the escalopes, pushing it well into the pockets.
3. Combine the wine and stock. Pour into one or two large shallow pans and bring to the boil. Reduce to a very gentle simmer and poach the escalopes, stuffing side up, for 20 - 25 minutes, until cooked through.
4. Remove the escalopes with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Transfer to a warmed serving dish and keep warm.
5. Boil the poaching liquid fast until reduced to about 150 ml (1/4 pint). Spoon a little of the reduced cooking juices over each escalope and serve.
With a sharp knife, cut a 5 cm (2 inch) slit in each escalope pushing the knife deep into the flesh to make a pocket. Do not cut through the flesh.
6 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!