2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp chopped fresh sage or 1 tsp dried
4 lean boneless pork chops, trimmed of excess fat
2 tbsp olive oil
15 g (1/2 oz) 1 tbsp butter
2 red onions, sliced into rings
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp caster (superfine) sugar
4 plum tomatoes, quartered
salt and pepper
1. Mix the flour, sage and salt and pepper on a plate. Lightly dust the pork chops on both sides with the seasoned flour.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan (skillet), add the chops and cook them for 6-7 minutes on each side until cooked through.
3. Drain the chops, reserving the pan juices, and keep warm.
4. Toss the onion in the lemon juice and fry along with the sugar and tomatoes for 5 minutes until tender.
5. Serve the pork accompanied with the tomato and onion mixture and a green salad.
9 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!