15 g (1/2 oz) 1 tbsp butter
75 g (2 3/4 oz) mixed dried fruit
250 g (9 oz) ricotta cheese
3 egg yolks
50 g (1 3/4 oz) caster (superfine) sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
finely grated rind of 1 orange,
plus extra to decorate creme fraiche (soured cream), to serve
1. Lightly grease 4 mini pudding basins or ramekin dishes with the butter.
2. Put the dried fruit in a bowl and cover with warm water. Leave to soak for 10 minutes.
3. Beat the ricotta cheese with the egg yolks in a bowl. Stir in the caster (superfine) sugar, cinnamon and orange rind and mix to combine.
4. Drain the dried fruit in a sieve set over a bowl. Mix the drained fruit with the ricotta cheese mixture.
5. Spoon the mixture into the basins or ramekin dishes.
6. Bake in a preheated oven, at 180C (350°F) Gas Mark 4, for 15 minutes. The tops should be firm to the touch but not brown.
7. Decorate the puddings with grated orange rind. Serve warm or chilled with a dollop of creme fraiche (soured cream), if liked.
Creme fraiche (soured cream) has a slightly sour, nutty taste and is very thick. It is suitable for cooking, but has the same fat content as double (heavy) cream. It can be made by stirring cultured buttermilk into double (heavy) cream and refrigerating overnight