500 g (1 lb) haddock fillet, skinned and cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes
250 g (9 oz) unpeeled prawns
4 large oranges
watercress sprigs, to garnish
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1 large clove garlic, crushed (optional)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large shallow dish. Add the haddock cubes and prawns and turn to coat. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
2. Meanwhile, peel and segment the
oranges over the marinade, so that any juice drips into it. Set the orange segments aside on a plate.
3. Line the grill rack with a piece of foil. Heat the grill to moderate.
4. Remove the haddock cubes and prawns from the marinade and thread them and the orange segments on to 4 oiled long kebab skewers.
5. Place the kebabs on the grill rack and brush well with some of the marinade. Grill for about 5 minutes, then turn the kebabs and grill for a further 5 minutes, brushing once or twice with more marinade.
6. Arrange the cooked kebabs on a warmed large serving plate. Brush with marinade, garnish with watercress sprigs and serve at once.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!