1. Blend the blanched almonds and the water in a liquidizer or food processor, until the almonds are well chopped.
2. Put the almond liquid into a medium-sized saucepan and bring this mixture to the boil over a gentle heat.
3. Add the sugar and stir until it has completely dissolved.
4. Blend together the rice and the milk in a jug.
5. Add the rice mixture slowly to the simmering sugar and almond mixture, stirring continuously, until the pudding thickens.
6. Remove the rice pudding from the heat and pour into individual serving dishes.