7 oz (200 g) courgettes
1 lb (500 g) curd cheese
7 tbsp olive oil
1 clove of garlic
4 sprigs coriander
salt and pepper
16 small wholemeal French stick slices
2 oz (50 g) sunflower seeds
3 1/2 oz (100 g) cashew nuts
3 tbsp balsamlco vinegar
2 tbsp cream cheese
1 red pepper
8 basil leaves
1. Clean the courgettes and apple and grate them coarsely. Mix the curd cheese with 4 tablespoons of olive oil and add crushed garlic. Wash and chop the coriander and add to the cheese together with the courgettes and apple.
2. Season with salt and pepper. Put 8 wholemeal French stick slices onto your work surface and spread the mixture on. Roast the sunflower seeds in a frying pan without oil and sprinkle over the bread.
3. Using a hand mixer, blend the cashew nuts together with the rest of the olive oil until you have a smooth mixture. Fold in the cream cheese and vinegar. 4. Wash the red pepper properly. Halve and deseed before chopping it into very small pieces. Wash and dry the basil. Cut into strips and fold into the mixture together with the red pepper.
5. Spread the mousse onto the other 8 wholemeal French stick slices.
6. Garnish with herbs. Serve together with the bread.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!