675 g (1 1/2 lbs) king prawns
2 tbsps oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch cayenne pepper
4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
2 tsps tomato puree
Juice of 1/2 lime
Salt and pepper
6 tbsps natural yoghurt
2 tsps garam masala
Lime wedges and coriander leaves to garnish
1. Remove the shells from the prawns but leave on the very tail ends. Wash, devein and pat dry
2. Put the oil, onion, garlic and spices into a bowl. Cover loosely with cling film and cook on HIGH for 2 minutes.
3. Mix in the tomatoes, tomato puree, lime juice and seasoning. Cook on HIGH for 3-4 minutes until the tomatoes have pulped.
4. Add the prawns and cook on HIGH for 3-4 minutes, or until the prawns are tender and pink.
5. Stir in the yoghurt and leave to stand for about 2 minutes before serving.
6. Divide the prawns between 4 serving dishes and sprinkle each serving with some of the garam masala. Garnish with lime wedges and coriander leaves.
26 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!