serves 4 - 6
8 oz (225 g) broccoli, broken into small florets
1/2 bunch spring onions, trimmed and chopped
4 oz (125 g) cooked chicken, roughly chopped
1 x (14oz/397g) can baby sweetcorn,
thickly sliced grated rind of 1/2 lemon
12 oz (350 g) filo pastry (about 10 sheets)
2 oz (50 g) polyunsaturated margarine, melted
2 oz (50 g) flaked almonds
1. Blanch the broccoli and onions in boiling water for 1 minute. Plunge into cold water and drain well. Mix with the chicken, baby sweetcorn and lemon rind.
2. Take 10 sheets filo pastry and fold in half to form a book, brush pastry with melted margarine, unfolding the "leaves" until both sides of the pastry are coated.
3. Spoon the filling along one edge about 2 inches (5 cm) in and leaving 2 inches (5 cm) of pastry at either end.
4. Fold the ends over the filling and carefully roll up so that the seam is underneath.
5. Brush with remaining margarine and sprinkle with flaked almonds.
6. Transfer to a baking sheet and cook at Mark 6 (200°C) 400°F for 20 - 25 minutes until golden brown. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
7. Serve in slices.
21 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!