1. Remove any discoloured leaves and wash the endives.
2. Wrap each endive in a slice of ham, then place in an oiled shallow dish.
3. sprinkle with the lemon juice.
4. Cover with buttered greaseproof paper and the lid.
5. Place in the oven at 175°C and braise for 30 minutes.
6. Remove from the liquid and place on a board. Cut in two lengthways and fold the top half underneath to form a triangular shape.
7. arrange in a vegetable dish, coat with Cheese Sauce, sprinkle with 50 g grated Emmenthal cheese and 50 ml butter and gratinate.