1 x 2.5 kg chicken
100 g pork fat
100 g cooked ox tongue
50 ml brandy
500 g veal
250 ml cream
20 g pistachios
salt, pepper and nutmeg
1.5 litres chicken stock
1 litre sauce chaudfroid
1 litre aspic jelly
1. Remove the skin of the chicken in one piece and soak in cold water to whiten it. Remove all the flesh from the carcass.
2. Cut the fillets of chicken into strips, place into a basin with strips of the truffle, pork fat and ox tongue, sprinkle with the brandy and marinate for 1 hour.
3. Finely mince the rest of the chicken flesh and the veal, then pass through a fine sieve.
4. Place into a basin, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg, stir in the cream and the brandy from the marinade.
5. Place a damp cloth onto a work surface and spread the drained chicken skin on it.
6. Spread one-third of the mixture over the whole skin and arrange half of the strips of chicken, pork fat, tongue, and truffle and a line of pistachios along the length.
7. Spread half of the remainder of the chicken mixture over the top, arrange the rest of the strips along the length, then add the remaining mixture on top and carefully roll to envelop the preparation in the skin. Enclose and tie in the cloth.
8. Poach the galantine in the chicken stock for 1 hour.
9. Remove, drain and place on a tray. Place a tray on top and weigh it down with slight pressure until cool.
10. Coat the galantine with sauce chaudfroid, decorate and glaze with chicken aspic. Present on a dish garnished with crescents of jelly.