1. Wash and dry chicken and giblets. Cut chicken into 8 pieces and brown thoroughly in butter over low heat. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with lemon juice and add half the wine.
2. Cover and simmer chicken and giblets for 30 minutes, turning several times and adding stock as necessary.
3. Peel shallots and chop finely with washed parsley and basil leaves.
4. Wash lemon in warm water, dry and cut into 8 segments.
5. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
6. Finely chop liver, rejecting rest of giblets.
7. Cook shallots in braising juices, without browning.
8. Add chopped liver and remaining wine, then reduce to a thick sauce.
9. Reheat chicken in sauce, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve garnished with lemon segments and basil leaves.