1 1/2 lb (700 g) ripe pears, peeled and cored
1/2 cup (8 Tbls) 100 g granulated sugar
1 1/4 cup (1/2 pint) 300 ml water
1 1/4 cup (1/2 pint) 300 ml soured cream
1. Heat the sugar and water gently in a heavy-based saucepan until the sugar dissolves. Do not stir, but occasionally loosen the base of the pan to help sugar dissolve. Bring to boil; boil for 2 minutes.
2. Poach the pears in 350 ml (12 fl oz) of the syrup for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Leave to cool.
3. Puree in a blender or food processor. Strain into a shallow freezer container, cover and freeze for about 3 hours until mushy.
4. Turn the sorbet into a bowl and beat gently to break down the ice crystals.
5. Stir in the soured cream.
6. Return to the freezer container and freeze for about 4 hours until firm.
7. Serve straight from the freezer.
63 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!