1 thin flank (skirt) steak, connective tissue removed
freshly ground black pepper to taste
for the marinade
3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp chopped ginger root
2 tsp grated lemon rind
2 tsp dried or 2 tbsp chopped fresh
1. First prepare the marinade by mixing all the ingredients together.
2. Pour marinade over steak and marinate for at least 6 to 8 hours.
3. Remove meat from marinade and pat dry with paper towels.
4. Cook 10 cm (4 inches) under a pre-heated grill for 5 to 7 minutes in total (rare) or 7 to 10 minutes in total (medium), basting meat regularly with remaining marinade.
5. Cut the meat at a 45° angle into thin slices.
6. Season with pepper.
8 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!