1 chicken weighing 1.25 g (2 1/2 lbs)
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp paprika
Pinch white pepper
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp sunflower oil
for the nut sauce
4 oz (100 g) 1 1/4 cups shelled walnuts
2 slices wholemeal bread
1 garlic clove
3 tbsp walnut oil
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp honey
2 pinches salt
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas Mark 6.
2. Wash and dry chicken.
3. Combine all spices with salt and rub inside of chicken with mixture. Truss, brush with sunflower oil, lay breast down in roasting pan and roast for 1 hour in oven.
4. Turn chicken over after 30 minutes and baste frequently with cooking juices. Switch off oven and allow chicken to stand for 10 minutes.
5. Cube bread and soak in 4 tbsp water.
6. Grind walnuts. Squeeze bread dry and crumble, then combine with ground nuts.
7. Peel and finely chop garlic. Stir walnut oil, vinegar, 2 tbsp water and garlic into bread and nut mixture; season with honey and salt.
8. Serve with neatly carved slices of chicken.