enough to cover two 15 cm square cakes
1/2 stick (2 oz) 50 g butter or margarine
1/2 cup (90 g) soft brown sugar
3 tbsp spoons single cream
100 g chopped mixed nuts
1. Cream the fat and sugar together, then beat in the cream.
2. When fully blended, stir in the nuts.
3. Spread the topping on the cake while still warm or just after cooling.
4. Place under gentle grill heat, and grill for 2-3 minutes until the topping is light gold and bubbling.
5. Remove from the heat at once.
6. Leave to cool completely before cutting the cake.