150 g (5 oz) plain flour
150 ml (1/4 pint) milk
150 ml (1/4 pint) mineral water
salt and freshly milled white pepper
2 tablespoons oil
1 large onion
225 g (8 oz) sausagemeat
100 g (4 oz) lamb's liver, minced
generous pinch of celery salt
1 litre (1 3/4 pints) prepared consomme (canned or homemade)
1 tablespoon chopped parsley to garnish
1. Sift the flour into a bowl, make a well in the middle, then gradually beat in the egg, milk, mineral water and a pinch of
salt. Cover the bowl and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
2. Heat a little oil in a frying pan. Add the batter a little at a time to make small thin pancakes, keeping the cooked pancakes hot. Heat the consomme.
3. Finely dice the onion. Mix the sausage meat with the minced liver and diced onion and season with salt, pepper and celery salt. Fry for a few minutes in the remaining oil, stirring from time to time.
4. Spread the mixture on to the pancakes, roll up the pancakes and cut them into 1 cm (1/2 in) slices.
5. Place the pancakes in soup bowls and pour on the hot consomme. Sprinkle each serving with a little parsley.