1 lb (500 g) rump, cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes
8 fresh pickling onions
8 orange or lemon leaves (optional)
for the marinade
3 tbsp orange liqueur
1 cup (8 fl oz) 250 ml orange juice
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 tbsp corn flour (corn starch)
1. Thread meat, pickling onions and orange or lemon leaves alternately onto skewers.
2. Mix marinade ingredients, except cornflour, and marinate kebabs for 4 hours or overnight.
3. Remove meat form marinade and pat dry with kitchen paper.
4. Cook kebabs under a preheated grill while basting frequently with remaining marinade.
5. Heat remaining marinade and thicken with a paste of cornflour and water.
Serve as a sauce with kebabs.
14 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!