4 small perch
1/2 stick (2 oz) 50 g butter
300 ml fish stock or stock and white wine
for the garnish
25 g (1 oz) parsley (approx)
1. Plunge the fish into boiling water for a few minutes to help remove the scales.
2. Trim and clean the fish.
3. Place in a buttered oven to table baking dish and dot with butter.
4. Pour the stock and wine over it.
5. Chop the parsley and sprinkle it over the dish.
6. Cover and bake in a fairly hot oven at 190°C, Gas 5, for 15-20 minutes.
7. Drain the liquid into a saucepan and reduce it by boiling, uncovered, for 7 - 10 minutes.
8. Serve the fish with the sauce poured over it, and garnish with lemon wedges and parsley.