6 cooked chicken joints
125 ml aspic jelly
375 ml mayonnaise
3 sticks celery
2 hard-boiled eggs
for the garnish
stoned (seeded) olives or gherkins
tomato wedges or slices
1. Remove the skin, excess fat, and bones from the chicken joints, keeping the pieces in neat shapes.
2. Melt the aspic jelly, and leave to cool.
3. Just before it reaches setting point, while still tepid, add half the mayonnaise, and whisk in. Blend to a smooth consistency.
4. Place the chicken joints on a wire cooling tray and coat with the mayonnaise sauce as soon as it reaches a good coating consistency.
5. Arrange the lettuce leaves on a serving dish and place the chicken joints on top.
6. Prepare and chop the celery, slice the eggs, and arrange these round the chicken.
7. Spoon the remaining mayonnaise over the celery and egg.
8. Garnish with the olives or gherkins and the tomatoes.