Preparation time 45 minutes,
Cooking time 40 minutes,
Calories 155 per portion
1 kg (2 lb) mixture of following vegetables: aubergines, potatoes, carrots and cauliflower
1 onion, chopped
1 - 2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 - 2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 teaspoons turmeric
300 ml (1/2 pint) vegetable stock
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon coriander leaves
1. Prepare the vegetables according to type. Cut the aubergine into chunks and put in a colander. Sprinkle with salt and leave for 30 minutes. Drain, rinse and pat dry.
2. Break the cauliflower into florets, roughly chop the carrots and potatoes.
3. Cook the onion and garlic in the oil until soft. Stir in the spices and cook over a gentle heat for 2 minutes.
4. Add the vegetables and stir well to mix with the fried spices. Stir in the vegetable stock and season with plenty of salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for about 30 minutes.
5. Pour into a warmed serving dish and garnish with chopped coriander. Serve the curry with poppadums and rice.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!