1 1/2 lb (700 g) firm fleshed white fish
110 g (4 oz) onions, chopped
110g (4 oz) celery, chopped
110g (4 oz) potatoes, diced
1/2 stick (2 oz) 50 g butter
8 oz (225 g) tomatoes, peeled and chopped
4 cups (1 litre) 1 3/4 pint fish stock, or water
4 medium cloves of garlic, crushed
3 tbsp parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
110 g (4 oz) soup noodles
1. Skin the fish and remove any bones.
2. Cut into about 2.5cm (l in) pieces.
3. Fry the onions, celery and potatoes in the butter for 5 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and allow to cook slowly for another 5 minutes.
5. Pour on the fish stock or water and season.
6. Add the fish pieces, crushed garlic and the chopped parsley and season to taste.
7. Cook at a gentle simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Remove the fish from the liquid but keep warm, then add the noodles to the soup and continue simmering for a further 10 minutes.
9. Serve the soup in bowls with the fish on a side dish.