50 g sunflower spread
6 spring onions, peeled and chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
300 g Scottish salmon fillet, skinned and diced
200 g smoked haddock, skinned and diced
2 tbsp cornflour
250 ml skimmed milk
salt and freshly ground black pepper
300 g spinach
300 g sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
200 g potato, peeled and thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of the spread and cook the spring onions and garlic for 2 minutes until soft Mix in the salmon and haddock, then add to a baking dish, 2 Melt 25 g of the spread in a pan over a medium heat and stir in the cornflour. Add the milk and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring, until thickened. Season well, then pour over the fish.
3. Meanwhile, boil the spinach for 3 minutes. Drain, squeeze out any excess water and add to the fish mixture.
4. Rinse the potato slices and pat dry with kitchen towel. Layer alternate slices over the fish, season and dot with the remaining sunflower spread.
5. Bake for 45 minutes, basting often with its own juices. Serve immediately.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!