Preparation time : 15 minutes,
Cooking time : 10 minutes,
Calories per serving: 315
1 lb (450 g) skinless and boneless chicken breasts
1 fresh green chilli
3 tablespoons yellow bean paste
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 1/2 tablespoons dry sherry
2 teaspoons cornflour
2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
2 oz (50 g) cashew nuts
1. Cut the chicken into thin, even strips. De-seed and slice the chilli into fine rings.
2. Combine the yellow bean paste, soy sauce, honey and sherry together in a bowl. Then mix the cornflour with 3 tablespoons of water until smooth, then add to the paste mixture.
3. Heat half the oil in a wok or frying pan over low heat and brown cashews evenly. Remove from pan.
4. Add the remaining oil to the pan and increase to a high heat. Add the chicken and chilli and stir-fry for 2 - 3 minutes until sealed on all sides.
5. Add the sauce to the pan and stir over a medium heat until the chicken is evenly glazed and the sauce is thickened.
6. Add the cashew nuts and serve at once.
27 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!