Preparation time 20 minutes,
Cooking time 55 minutes,
Oven temperature 200°C, 400°F, gas 6,
Calories 255 per portion
450 g (1 lb) potatoes, peeled and quartered
225 g (8 oz) carrots, sliced
salt and pepper
1 onion, chopped
50 g (2 oz) sunflower seeds
oil for frying
1/4 teaspoon marjoram
2 leeks, sliced into rings
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 courgettes, sliced
100 g (4 oz) mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chopped parsley to garnish
1. Cook the potatoes and carrots together in boiling salted water. Drain and mash.
2. Fry the onion and sunflower seeds in the oil until the onion is soft. Stir into the potato mixture, add the marjoram and season to taste.
3. Fry the leeks and garlic in the oil for about 5 minutes. Season to taste. Add the courgettes and mushrooms and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
4. Put half the leek mixture in an ovenproof dish. Spread half the potato mixture on top. Add the rest of the leek mixture, then top with the remaining potato.
5. Sprinkle the Parmesan over and bake in a moderately hot oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
7 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!