1 lb (450 g) cauliflower
115 g (4 oz) creamed coconut block, grated
1 1/4 cups (10 fl oz) 300 ml warm water
2.5cm (l in) cube of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
55 ml (2 fl oz) water
4 tbsp vegetable oil
1 level tsp ground cinnamon
1 medium onion, peeled and diced
2 small green chillies, deseeded and chopped
2 medium tomatoes, peeled and diced
1 level tsp ground turmeric
4 medium potatoes, peeled and parboiled, cooled
Juice of a fresh lemon
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp salt
6 medium eggs, hard boiled (cooked)
1. Divide the cauliflower into florets and cook in boiling salted water for 1 minute,
2. strain and cool under cold running water.
3. Dissolve the grated coconut cream in the warm water.
4. Using a food processor if available, make a paste with the ginger, garlic and 55ml (2 fl oz) of water.
5. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the cinnamon, onion, ginger and garlic paste and chopped chillies for 2 minutes.
6. Add the tomatoes, turmeric and coconut milk.
7. Cover the pan and let the mixture cook slowly for 15 minutes.
8. Add the potatoes cut into quarters lengthways, cauliflower, lemon juice, garam masala and salt.
9. Stir carefully and cook for a further 5 minutes.
10. Cut the hard boiled eggs in half and place cut side up in the mixture, and spoon over some of the sauce.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!