two 113 g (4 oz) packets sliced cooked ham, slices halved
15 ml (1 tbsp) powdered gelatine
45 ml (3 tbsp) water
60 ml (4 tbsp) single cream
10 ml (2 tsp) mild curry powder
salt and freshly ground pepper
25 g (1 oz) butter
60 ml (4 tbsp) mayonnaise
75 g (3 oz) radishes, trimmed and roughly chopped
3 sticks celery, trimmed and roughly chopped
538 g (1 lb 3 oz) can new potatoes, drained and roughly chopped
45 ml (3 tbsp) chopped parsley
1. Line a 1.1 litre (2 pint) loaf tin with ham slices. Soak the gelatine in the water in a small bowl.
2. Whisk the eggs, cream, curry powder and seasoning together.
3. Melt the butter in a heavy based pan, add the egg mixture and stir over a low heat until lightly set, turn out into a bowl.
4. Stir the soaked gelatine into the hot egg mixture until dissolved. Mix in the mayonnaise with the radishes, celery and potatoes.
5. Spoon the vegetable mixture into the loaf tin alternating with layers of chopped parsley and refrigerate to set.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!