1. Finely dice the onion. Trim the mushrooms, wash well in cold water, drain and finely slice them. Work the flour into the butter.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the veal a little at a time. When the meat is sealed, transfer it to a sieve over a basin.
3. Fry the onions in the same pan until transparent. Add the mushrooms and cook them for a few minutes.
4. Add the white wine and cream and stir in the flour and butter mixture until it has dissolved. Continue cooking for a few minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
5. Mix in the veal and its juices, warm through and serve the stew sprinkled with herbs.
There are several recipes for Zurich-Style Veal Stew, not all of which include mushrooms. If you haven't got any fresh mushrooms it is better to omit the mushrooms altogether.
Serve with: Zurich Potato Cake, and a fresh green salad.